Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finally, Some Direction!

Received a long awaited news today. It did take some months for the process to be completed although I believe the decision was probably made the day I left the room...

Regardless, it is to be an exciting turning point in my life as I embark on a new career direction. Not only will it be a new portfolio, it will also be in a new industry! Needless to say, new challenges await and one needs to remain as positive as possible. :)

I have also been fortunate. Many around me have given their support instead of their censure. And what makes it even more remarkable is that this support was given over a prolonged period of time. They were there to offer suggestions, their company over cups of coffee, their proactiveness in forwarding resumes and for some, simply loads of their positive attitude and encouragement. It has been proven time and again that support networks are important and it was recently reinforced again.

It is truly heartwarming to know that in this increasingly cost (e.g. time and money) conscious environment, there are still those who 'share' willingly and expecting nothing tangible in return. Thanks! :)

1 comment: