Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's Christmas Again!

Yes, Christmas is here again! A time of cheer and food and catching up with friends.

It can be fun with the gift exchange especially when one loves shopping and has the excuse to buy to one's heart's content. I was really excited as I have been looking for a jacket but it had been pretty elusive. Well, I had a certain type in mind and the main concern was that it had to be suitable for the local weather. It took a little effort to locate but I did finally find it! I was so excited I actually told the receipient. Haha. Well, good news is to be shared ya?

This Christmas dinner was to be a 'pot luck' one and I made the salad with balsamic vinegar. It turned out pretty ok and was actually finished although there were only less than 10 of us. I was rather happy to say the least. :-) The other homemade dish was also good. The pasta though not 'special' in taste was 'special' in the fact that it was the first time I tasted my sister's cooking! Am so proud of the gal, she did it all on her own without any help for preparation and instructions for cooking. She has demostrated that she can cook. :-)

Unfortunately, we were a little full and had no room for desert before rushing off for the movie. Bedtime Stories was ok although I felt the storyline was a little far fetched. Well, I guess it was Christmas and one is allowed to stretch our imagination a little...After the movie, we were pleasantly surprised to meet two friends of ours who happened to be living around the area where we parked the car. We decided not to drive into the city and had taken a short stroll to the theatre instead.

It was a good start to Christmas. :-)

No comments: